Investing in high-quality towels you’d find at a 5-star hotel or spa for your home is a luxury you don’t want to sleep on. And properly caring for them means you’ll have soft, absorbent bath linens with every wash for years to come.
How to wash
- Wash before use to release the fibers and maximize absorbency. Read the label for care instructions, but here is a general rule of thumb for the initial wash: Add half a cup of white vinegar with half the suggested amount of laundry detergent for your load in a cold or warm water cycle.
- Wash your towels by color and separate from your clothing.
- Avoid overloading your washer to allow ample space for your towels to move and proper removal of dirt and bacteria.
How to dry
- Shake your towels out before placing them in the dryer and tumble dry on low.
- Substitute dryer sheets and fabric softener with wool dryer balls.
- Remove towels as soon as they’re fully dry, ensuring they don’t get overheated, and fold immediately.
How to store
How to avoid mildew build-up
- Hang towels between uses.
- Wash your towels every three to four days.
- Rotate between two towels to extend their freshness and longevity.