With summer coming to a close and the return of Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte, it can only mean one thing: fall is imminent. And what better way to transition to the season du jour then by refreshing your home decor to set the tone. Ahead, from cozy throws to scented candles, cue the warm, hygge sensations of fall.
- Layer using a throw and pillows: Add a Mexican blanket and pillows to instantly add warmth to an armchair, couch, or bed.
- Don’t overlook seasonal accents: Whether it’s a doormat, pumpkins, or lanterns (or all of the above), place autumn-inspired accessories throughout your home.
- Play up the inviting feels of fall with candles: Whether you choose a pumpkin, cinnamon and apple, or maple scent, invoke the warmth of the season by lighting a candle or two.
- Make use of plants: Nothing says fall like fall foliage—add tall branches of autumnal leaves to a vase for your living room, opt for a garland to accentuate your fireplace mantel or as a centerpiece on your dining table, or choose a wreath to hang on your front door on use as art wall.
- Add autumnal hues: Think muted yellows, oranges, reds, and browns to sprinkle throughout your home—be it art or accessories.